How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48782
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I've been diagnosed with post traumatic fibromyalgia and I'm

Customer Question

I've been diagnosed with post traumatic fibromyalgia and I'm experiencing a myriad of symptoms such as blackouts, pins and needles, loss of grip in my hands, extreme temperature changes and itching cramps etc.
I need a specialist to report on me and determine a treatment plan that works. Is this a neurology matter?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry about your post traumatic fibromyalgia

you should talk to your GP doctor about medications like lyrica (pregabalin) or neurontin (gabapentin) which can help fibromyalgia pain

post traumatic stress disorder can be helped by medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine

your GP doctor can also refer you to see a neurologist

have you tried these medications?