How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10933
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I've been quite unwell for a couple of months now, we were

Customer Question

I've been quite unwell for a couple of months now, we were experiencing a noise nuisance from our next door neighbour (loud hi_fi music ) I spent 5 weeks only sleeping every other night because of it .I went to see my Doctor and she put me on Ramipril for high blood pressure, but I've had high bp before and it got better by itself anyway I found the tablets made me feel very unwell so I stopped taking them. I have like a continuous tinnitus like loud music in my ears all the time and it's worse at night hence it's difficult to sleep , can you advise me on anything I should do to help .I am never usually unwell at all.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Yes, there are a few things you can do.

First and foremost, you should monitor your blood pressure every day at least thrice a day. If it is high then you should go back to your doctor and ask for an anti hypertensive, there are a lot others, if Ramipril did not suit you then your doctor can give you something else.

If the antihypertensive, does not take care of the tinnitis and the lack of sleep then get an appointment with an ENT specialist and get your ears checked for possible causes of tinnitus. You can use ear plugs at night as well to counter the noise.

Once, the above are done, you should be feeling much better. And I suggest that you talk to your neighbor about the noise coming out of his apartment as well.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.