Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

I have a 15 week old baby. He cries all day between feeds

I have a 15 week old baby. He cries all day between feeds and naps but generally sleeps very well at night. My Doctor suspected cows milk protein allergy so I cut all dairy from my diet and he did seem to improve slightly. We were then put on a hydrolysed formula which seemed to make things much worse again. I stopped that and we have now been given a dairy free formula. He has been on that since Tuesday this week but he still continues to cry all day. Things feel like they are getting worse. Is it normal to still cry this much at this age? Thank you.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

have you tried reflux medicine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tried gaviscon but that didn’t help.

I would try zantac

it works much much better

ask the pediatrician to try it

My son had the same thing and this was the fix

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you.

welcome :)

let me know how it goes

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again: