How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49516
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I constantly hear voices in my head mostly the voices of my

This answer was rated:

I constantly hear voices in my head mostly the voices of my parents screaming st me when they are no where near me or not even talking to me. I have been hearing these things since I was around 13, however stopped since I was 14. I think I need help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have just recently come back this is why I am asking

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I do think you need help as well

you should see a GP doctor for evaluation

you most likely will need to see a psychiatrist

you may need certain medications to help decrease these voices.

you may benefit from talking to a psychotherapist regularly

how old are you?

have you taking psychiatric medications before? do you have a GP doctor?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have never seen someone and never had medication I think it could be useful to see someone however I do not know how and would definitely not want to tell my parents
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do you suggest
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think I have an illness or something. I am just scared it will get worse

how old are you now?

parents screaming at you can cause some childhood trauma type symptoms.

do you have counselors at school you can talk to about this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am 16, the voices I hear are often of my parents screaming at me when it is quiet. Do you think I scout councillor would be the best option
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I feel they are too connected with my friends and parents

I would see a school counselor or school nurse first.

I would tell your parents you hear these voices

you should try to encourage them not to scream at you.

you can find a counselor here as well

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
Thanks for using

Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you