Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine

Very confused on my leg ulcer been there just over a month

Customer Question

very confused on my leg ulcer been there just over a month the first nurse i saw said while at home keep it uncovered and my leg up on a stool i have since seen another nurse who has put a keralite dressing on it but looks worse than before as it doesnt seem to dry the wound up
not sure what to do
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Did they took a culture swab test from the ulcer?

Were you prescribed any oral antibiotics for this?