wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My daughter has suffered from schizoaffective mood disorder,

Customer Question

My daughter has suffered from schizoaffective mood disorder, eating disorders, self harm, severe chronic pelvic pain, potential endometriosis and IBS. Now having been very ill for 20 years, she is utterly hopeless and suicidal. Her hope is that she has ovarian cancer. How can anyone offer her a hand to grasp before she goes under?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

What have you tried so far?

Does she live with you?

Does your daughter any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for being there.
Our daughter - now 36 years old - lives with my husband and me, always has, except when sectioned for over a year. The UK NHS Mental Health system is rather a cold place with very little understanding or empathy for those who become very ill.
She has been trialled with every antipsychotic and antidepressant as well as mood stabilisers available. Currently on Aripiprazole, Duloxetine, Lorazepam, and Tramadol. She is in a long depressive period with occasional spikes of manic mixed mood. Her endometriosis has worsened with patches in her lungs and bowel, possibly in brain as well. She is treated with Naproxen, Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid. Due to self harm she has chronic sciatica.
She only wants to die, having been ill since she was 4 years old.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you might have to leave the UK to get you daughter the care she needs.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your daughters medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that she could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota USA is an excellent example of just such a place as this. It sounds like the hospitals in the UK have done all they can -- or are willing to -- do. As such a trip to the USA, United Arab Emirates or other country with highly advanced, more available, care is offered.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish your daughter the very best.