Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have red patches on my face and sometimes they flare up

Hi I have red patches on my face and sometimes they flare up reallly bad especially they are under my eyes and eyelids and my cheekbones I have been to my Gp a lot of times and he just gives me stronger dose of allergy medication which does not help
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: This has been going on for 3 years
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this red patches on your face

this could be due to rosacea or eczema or psoriasis possibly

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your face and rash so I can better help you?

how old are you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HelloThese are current pictures my face has this redness all the time in the picture it doesn’t look that bad but it is quite dark redness my Gp just gives me allergy meds fexofenadine 180mg and random selection of others and ointments which have not worked the slightest

that looks like psoriasis possibly

you need to get a skin biopsy of those areas and referred to a dermatologist in the UK

you most likely will need prescription steroid creams for those areas to help calm them down.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you I will also leave a reviewI’m best to go pvt but just wondering if I’m paying the large consultation fee will they agree to carry out the skin biopsy to how I am wanting as you suggested , or will they come out with they own treatment plan
As that would be a waste of money

you may be better off going private.

the biopsy and skin evaluation should dictate the treatment plan.

sometimes the biopsy can surprise us with the findings.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com