Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Every time I eat my stomach becomes bloated and dull ache

Hi every time I eat my stomach becomes bloated and dull ache

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Where do you feel pain and is it associated with particular food?

Do you have any diagnosed gall bladder issue or acidity?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dull ache cramping around upper mid and very noisy stomach with a lot of flatulence etc, I was taking fish oils for a long time and started taking pectasol c capsules also, I am also mourning the loss of my young 20 year old son so stress and worry a lot to

Thanks for the reply.

I am so sorry to know about your son.

Well your symptoms seems to be of gastritis that is stomach inflammation due to excess acid production and stress is one of the major cause of this disease.I would recommend you to start taking omeprazole 20 mg capsule and an and avoid smoked, spicy, fatty food. Take dinner two hours before going to bed and walk for 30 minutes after every meal. Ginger and mint tea would help a lot. If it does not improve do see your doctor to rule out gall bladder stones.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was taking lansaprazole 30mg but haven’t taken one for last 2 days, the ache seems more to left side as opposed to right so I’m thinking not gallbladder related, urine dipstick is fine and bowel movement looks normal, stomach would get hard, be bloated during day but not so bloated when I wake in morning.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also as my son died from cancer I get so paranoid with every little thing, sorry for going on

Thanks for the reply.

You can take lansaprazole instead of omeprazole and do above mentioned changes and see the response. Stress seems to be the factor here. Please try to overcome and do not think about cancer as it would make you more stressful. If it does not improve in few days do get an examination by a doctor and an ultrasound to rule out anything concerning.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fact that my bowel motions and urine are ok would that not mean the digestive system seems ok and I suppose if anything bad I would be swollen all the time?

Thanks for the reply.

Normal urine and bowels are reassuring but problem seems to be in stomach and that is mild acidity and nothing serious so no worries.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, would acidity cause bloating, cramps and gas?

Yes it can cause that .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One more thing, there is slight dull ache under my left rib cage near my back, is this related do you think?

That can be related as stomach pain radiates to back and it can be just a muscular spasm.