Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

My husband aged 76 just returned form Pub was watching on I

My husband aged 76 just returned form Pub was watching on I player suddenly seemed to lose consciousness and wouldn't respond to shaking and slapping but did after a short while was talking and made sense. I gave him a small aspirin hes goen to bed says I he thinks its a migraine but it hasn't happened before I honestly thought he was dead

Hello. A sudden, temporary loss of consciousness is called syncope and has at least several potential causes, including:

There are a number of potential causes of TLoC:

• uncomplicated faint or situational syncope;
  • orthostatic hypotension;
  • dysfunction of the nervous system (epilepsy);
  • dysfunction of the cardiovascular system (syncope); or
  • dysfunction of the psyche (psychogenic attacks).
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't find this answer helpful nor could I access a phone request ie you said you weren't able to answer, obviously I wanted advice as what to do or whether it was dangerous but just a list of names of possible medical conditions isn't helpful. Please cancel my request.

I'm sorry I cannot advise you as to what to do or whether this is dangerous as I know nothing about your husband's medical history and do not have the advantage of examining him. The only way to know for sure is to have him evaluated in person by a doctor. He may need an extensive work up to determine which of the above categories his syncope falls into, and how best to treat him. Hope all works out for the best.