Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I am male and thing I have an urine infection which is

I am male and thing I have an urine infection which is become acute. What should I do.

Welcome and thank you for the question.

The best thing to do of, course, is to visit a doctor and ask for a urine test.

while you wait for the appointment, here are a few things you cna do to lessen the urgency:

- Drink at least 8 glasses of fluid during the day.

- Take Brufen tab 200 mg twice a day to decrease the inflammation of the bladder and urethra. This will decrease the burning and frequency of urine. Brufen 200 is available without a prescription.

- Drink at least 2 cups of cranberry juice - very effective in UTIs.

- Take AZO Urinary Pain, available without a prescription - it will help decrease pain and frequency.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. ***** feel the need to urinate I get a pain and really need to go if I try to hold on urine will seep out. However when passing water there is no pain is this normal.