wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Suffered Suprapubic & lower-abdominal pain since March.

Suffered Suprapubic & lower-abdominal pain since March. Initially treated for UTI but pain persisted. Diagnosed as having Duplex Kidneys upon Ultrasound Scan in August, then referred to Urology.
Received Flexible Cystoscopy & Prostate examinations in October, both fine.
Pain began to get worse so I went on sick leave from work in November & was prescribed Naproxen.
Scheduled for CT Scan on 22nd December. Bloods tested last week prior to this.
Past week my health has deteriorated. First it began with loss of appetite, followed by Nausea, Vomiting on a couple of occasions, and Fatigue.
However, the past 2 days I have spent bed ridden, as the pain has now spread to my hips & lower back. I feel physically exhausted, weak, & begin to get breathless if I stand up and walk to another room. Often becoming confused, forgetful, and dizzy. Yet I’m unable to sleep.
Yesterday my breathlessness was followed by a rapid rise in heart rate on several occasions. So I attended out of hours GP last night.
Urine sample showed faint trace of blood. ECG was stable. Doctor prescribed Codeine & advised to go home to rest until CT appointment. Diagnosed faint & unwell feeling as ‘Panic Attack’. Central abdominal pain diagnosed as suspected IBS.
I’m currently sat at home with my health deteriorating, yet Im unsure if it’s normal not to class this as an emergency?.As I feel there is definitely something seriously going wrong, and its getting worse.
Do I call out of hours practice again today?, or follow as advised & spend the next week bed ridden, and unable to support my family?
My fiancée cant drive, and she’s 5 months pregnant. But i don’t want to ring emergency services to ask for advice, and have them waste an ambulance time, if this is normal to class this as non urgent?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Photos attached
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Managed to get a couple of hours sleep tonight but currently awake due to severe stomach cramping. Very tempted to call emergency services
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Settled stomach cramps with codeine and CBD oil. 6am and I’m currently sat shaking, with blurred vision and very cold.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Visited out of hours GP and urine tested. Urinated very little but GP says this is not alarming and test was OK.
Prescribed with Augmentin 375mg tablets and told It’s not urgent until CT scan date. Instructions say to contact immediately and stop taking if I have symptoms of inflammation of tubes in Kidney.
The reason why I was referred to a CT Scan was due to a suspicion of some sort of activity with my tubes though?. Haven’t took any yet as I’m unsure weather to question it.I looked up symptoms of iron defficiency and this matches how I’ve been feeling so I purchased some multivitamin and iron tablets. But it also says online that I’m to avoid certain vitamins so I haven’t took these either yet.
Photos attached

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I have no other medical problems other than the duplex kidneys diagnosis. I am 29 years old 5”4 and weigh 93kg. I was 97kg a couple of weeks ago.
Stopped using Naproxen as much and only codeine when absolutely necessary for the pain.
This morning I was Prescribed Augmentin 375mg 3 times a day until CT scan on 22nd, as I have a slight temperature, even though my hands and feet are freezing. But haven’t yet taken it because of the instructions that state about kidney tubes

Thank you for that additional information.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the United Kingdom and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
The hospital I’ve been attending for out of hours practitioners is an NHS University Hospital but the urologist who referred me for a CT Scan is off until tomorrow.My fiancée suggests I’m showing signs of anaemia and iron defficiency, I’ve eaten plenty of fruit and carrots and loaded up on fluids since this morning and I feel a lot better. My hands and feet are warmer and I’ve stopped having episodes of shaking and breathlessness now.
I’ve also been urinaring plenty and it’s now a crystal clear colour.
If the symptoms return or worsen, is it worth contacting an Accident and Emergency Department? Or waiting it out until I’ve spoken to my consultant tomorrow morning?, and would it be harmful if I began taking my prescribed Augmentin?. Many thanks again

At this point I do not believe that you would need to go to the A&E....waiting to visit with your consultant in the the morning should be fine.

You can take your prescribed Augmentin at this time.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a Happy Holiday Season :)