Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master's in Internal medicine & gastroenterology with seven years of clinical experience.
16101430

I have Tenesmuse in my rectum for 4 weeks, i feel it when i

Hello, i have Tenesmuse in my rectum for 4 weeks, i feel it when i think of it, there is no blood or musuc in my stool , and i go every morning i passes it easily , the stool is sausage shape and soft, its color is brown, i don't feel any pain in my abdoment, so my question is what causes this feel of tenesmuse? It is not a severe tenesmuse, just light feeling but it is continuous especially when i think and focuse on it. I feel okey when walking ( maybe because i dont think about it too much)
So what are the causes?
befor this happens, i was constipated due to lack of fibers and i was staining so hard to pass any stool without any result, i treated my constipated when i got back to eating more fiber, and after a week, i felt the urge to go as usual and i delayed it till i go home, but i forgot about it , untill i woke uo next morning i was so anxiety thay i may get constipated again. I some amount of stool easily, but i kept thinking of my gut to make sure that i dont feel constipated , since then i have been feeling this tenesmuse. Althought i go everyday !!

Thanks for the question and coming here. There are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as internal bowel hemorrhoid, rectal infection, rectal polyp. I will advise to have these tests stool culture for ova & parasites, rectal examination by physician, full blood count, liver function tests. I will suggest to have detail evaluation done by physician to rule out anything serious.

Let me know If you need any more information. Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you.

Dr. A Javed

Consultant Internal medicine

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for replying, i want to ask more questions, does rectal infection starts with a tenesmus? And is there a good chance to be treated if i was diagonisted with rectal infection in its early stage since there is no dierraha or blood or pain yet?

You welcome and my pleasure. I am more then happy to answer your questions and you can ask me qauestion even after rating my answer hopefully good as this is the only way we doctors get credit here. Yes rectal infection can start with Tenesmus. Yes there is a good chance of treatment If we diagnosed it at initial stages. That's why important to have the tests which I have mentioned and evaluation by physician. Add probiotics in your diet.

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you.

Dr. A Javed

Consultant Internal medicine