Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

The ball of my foot constantly hurts. Can you tell me why

The ball of my foot constantly hurts. Can you tell me why this is? and what can I do to get rid of the pain.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on and have you had any studies to evaluate it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It started about a month ago and I havent seen a doctor to get it evaluated. I did see a Pediatrist a few month ago and got new insoles for my shoes

Did the podiatrist get any x-rays or have any diagnosis?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No XRays were taken and he said that my arches had slightly flattened and with insoled, that should sort them out

Well I would have gotten x-rays to check for a possible stress fracture of a metatarsal bone

But this could also be a case of plantar fasciitis--inflammation of the fascia that runs from the ball of the foot to the heel bone

A cortisone injection would help with that but for now I suggest you try over the counter topical capsaicin cream to help with the pain

Please let me know if you need any more information