Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have had achy gums for a couple of days...it almost feels

Hello docs...
I have had achy gums for a couple of days...it almost feels like I imagine teething to feel like .. in addition there is a very very slight swelling on my gum under my teeth on my lower jaw..but I really only can feel that with my tongue as the skin feels smooth and tender..
I have used bonjela to try to ease the almost tingling feeling all over but it's not helped much.. I have also been rinsing with corsodyl regularly.. it's not painful...its akin to growing pains....and like I say .. how I imagine teething to feel...a constant tingle on tender gums..
I would love an idea of what maybe the problem..
Chris

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it sounds like a mild gum infection or gingivitis. You have been doing everything pretty alright . Just that you need to add an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen or naproxen in there. You can apply topical oral lignocaine solution for this . Trimcinolone orabase can help with the inflammation too.

If the swelling worsens or symptoms continue to bother you then a visit to the dentist is recommended.

I hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any more queries

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your help..i guessed mild infection...hence the corsodyl.. my glands under my jaw are tender too...i took ibuprofen tonight and so I will continue...
How long is it usual for the discomfort to last ?
Regards chris

Well it can take a few days , it depends how it responds . Sometimes it needs an antibiotic course too so you need to continue with these measures and hope for the best.

Always there for your help.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your help