Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Whenever I am cold or shortly after being in the cold my

Whenever I am cold or shortly after being in the cold my breasts become patchy all over but specifically around the nipple and under the breast- these patches can range from being pink to purple- looking closely I can see what appears to be small capillary like veins in these patches- although when I wake in the morning or when I am warmer the patches are less visible, they are ever present. For years I struggled with dermatillomania targeting specifically the skin on my breasts- are these patches hyperpigmentation from picking and squeezing pores in this area, or broken capillaries as a result of this? Is there a way I can eradicate this problem through laser treatment? I am desperate the issue has had a detrimental effect on my social life, self esteem and mental health as a result.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

I can understand your frustration. Do you get cold fingers/ hands too ? Have you noticed any swelling in your fingers on exposure to cold?

Its likely to be a result of diminshed blood flow to the area of skin on exposure to cold resulting in bluish tinge or change in color as you have observed. A photo of your breasts with color / appearance change can help me further understand the issue

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but not to an abnormal degree. I have no photo to provide at this point but would just like to know if this issue could be treated on the basis that it is restricted blood flow if possible

Well there are options available like nifedipine which is a peripheral vascular dilator and so helps with such issues. But no surgical or laser treatment as such . We need to be sure about the diagnosis so you should seek help from your doctor for examination prior to starting the medicine.

hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.