Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My hip has started to hurt, the ball and socket joint. I

Hi. My hip has started to hurt , the ball and socket joint. I fell over in October, But this had just stated to hurt over the last two weeks. It hurts more when I lay down, in bed etc.I have a been diagnosed when I was 30, that I had a bit of arthritis in my pelvis area, but it feels like the ball and socket now.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Fro the description of symptoms it seems to be an inflammation in the hip joint, it can be related to arthritis as well as to the fall. I would recommend you to take advil for 3 to 4 days and apply ibuprofen cream over the area. If symptoms do not improve then do get an examination by the doctor as imiging might be required to make an exact diagnosis. Warm compresses can help.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.