Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Can a person with an ileostomy have a coffee enema or are

Can a person with an ileostomy have a coffee enema or are there other ways to cleanse and detoxify the liver?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how high are your liver enzymes?

do you have your blood testing results

what medications are you taking? some cholesterol lowering medications can cause elevation of your liver enzymes?

do you drink alcohol?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bilirubin 115 umol/l
Alkaline phosphates 514 umol/l
Albumin 24 g/l
No alcohol
No cholesterol medication
Told by surgeon liver and lung metastases
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Gamma GT 579 iu/ l

what type of cancer has metastasized to your liver? a coffee enema will not help bring down your liver enzymes if you have cancer spread into your liver.

did you have a biopsy of your cancer to know what type it is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Diagnosed with T4 N1 cancer of caecum in March 2017. Emergency right hemicolectomy with double barrelled ileocolostomy
Follow up CT scan 7 months later which showed the metastases.
No biopsy done to my knowledge

I see

I am sorry about your diagnosis of cancer.

it sounds like the cancer in the liver is causing the elevation of the liver enzymes.

at your age of 84, it can be difficult to receive chemotherapy to fight the cancer which has spread.

oral chemotherapy drugs like xeloda are expensive, but could slow down your cecum colon cancer

if you have pain in your liver from the growth of the cancer, pain below your right ribs, you can ask for a course of radiation therapy to the whole liver for 7 treatments to help shrink down the cancer in the liver and decrease pain.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok.
Thank you so much for your advice. Really helpful

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will do ��

thank you for that

thanks for using JustAnswer.com