How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2949
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

I have a dull pain sometimes changing to sharp in my right

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a dull pain sometimes changing to sharp in my right ovary area (appendix was removed years ago). Very painful intercourse to the point I started to avoid it. Also having a strong pain in my lover back. This all has been now going on for 2weeks. GP ran blood test and it came back ok. However, internal check was very painful and I am now waiting for gynecology examination. I worry if I should be more worried though as the pain is not getting any better and keeping me from sleeping. Thank you.

Hello Barbara! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have any urinary or bowel related symptoms ?


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, no all is ok.

Thanks for the information

This could be a muscular pain

Another possibility could be a pelvic infection giving rise to such pain

You need a gynecological evaluation to find out the reason

You also need an ultrasound pelvis to look at the ovaries and tubes

Please do let me know if you have any more question


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great, thank you for your help. Have a good evening.

You are welcome

Please do take a while to rate my answer


DR. EHTISHAM and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you