DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

What can i do about varicose veins? i've had surgery before,

what can i do about varicose veins? i've had surgery before, roughly 10 years ago and they've come back.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear this

Recurrence of varicose veins occurs years after surgery so you need to see your surgeon for a retreatment

Please do let me know if you have any more question

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a way to prevent them from coming back? they aren';t causing a great deal of pain, i sometimes get a feeling of heavy legs and some cramping, mostly they are just really unsightly as they are little blue bulges that stick out

Most common reason of recurrence is an inadequate surgical procedure so you need to get it examined as if there is already a recurrence you will need a second surgical procedure

To prevent recurrence weight should be kept in check

Regular exercise

Keeping legs above heart level at night are some measures to prevent recurrence

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for the info it's been very helpful