DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I hd compressed sciatic nerve in left leg and foot on and

i hd compressed sciatic nerve in left leg and foot on and off several for several yrs. now nerve seems to be damaged as i get no sensation in part of foot, feels numb and i walk with limp now as i can t feel how much weight i put on it or not. using foot seems make worse.
mri scans show mass effect on nerve from slipped discs.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you asked your doctor about the option of a surgical decompression ?

As in the given situation unless and until you relieve the pressure on the nerve your symptoms are going to get worse and a decompression surgery is required

Please do let me know if you have any more question

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no i have not as i suspected the nerve is too damaged for it to be rectified now. i am afraid to have surgery.