Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Got a bad cat bite yesterday, went straight to gp who

Got a bad cat bite yesterday, went straight to gp who cleaned it, gave me a tetanus jab and course of amoxicillin, taken 4 so far. Hand now very swollen and sore, looks red, haven't taken wound dressing off to look, bite about 1cm long. Should I be concerned?

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

It's a little early for the amoxicillin to have kicked in so I'm not surprised there's the swelling and soreness right now

If that continues beyond two more days you need to have your doctor take a look at the wound but for now I think there's nothing to worry about

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks very much, that's what I hoped. Don't fancy A&E on a Sat night!

No need for A&E

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you