wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a feeling of numbness in my outside left thigh which

I have a feeling of numbness in my outside left thigh which worsens with any amount of standing. this has been occurring for about 18 months. I went to a walk in centre about a year ago and the doctor suggested I may have a trapped nerve. The problem is now beginning to affect my outside right thigh and I cannot see that a trapped nerve would cause this. There is no burning feeling but an occasional itchiness

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

From what you have posted you may have compression of your sciatic nerve.

You need to consult with your GP and see about getting an MRI done.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS