Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had sex with a black woman in Ibiza. I wore protection but

I had sex with a black woman in Ibiza . I wore protection but I had a slight cut on my index finger from biting my nail there was a slight wound but was dry before we had intercourse . The condom was dry when we finnished but I am unsure if I removed the condom with that hand . I have had no symptoms of anything and this happened in 2013 . What are the chances I am hiv infected

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

There is no risk of catching HIV by this type of interaction so nothing at all to worry about. You are safe.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks doctor , even if the wound did make contact with the condom I would be safe ?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are safe in that case as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks doctor , is the risk low because of the lack of blood on my wound or because the condom was dry ?

Thanks for the reply.

Both the reasons count as you had dry wound and hiv could not survive when condom is dry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks doctor , this is my last question . The wound was fresh that day but was not bleeding at the time of intercourse . I am just paranoid because of the potential outcome . Would I have had symptoms by now ?

Even in this scenario you are at no risk so rest assured, since now you must have developed lot of illness and would have been diagnosed if you were positive. You have not contracted HIV by this interaction. You can get a test for further reassurance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would the chances be really high if the condom was still moist?

Still negligible chance as the wound was dry.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does it not matter with the wound even if wound was still fresh but did not have blood?