wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I was born with a pulmonary valve stenosis, heart murmur and

Customer Question

I was born with a pulmonary valve stenosis, heart murmur and intact atrial septum and asthma. I was seen by a cardiologist up until 2009 where I was meant to be referred then to an adult hospital but I never was. I never found it a concern but lately I have been feeling quite unwell and with different symptoms that may be associated with this but have not had chance to see a gp as not currently registered as I have recently moved house and cities! I have nausea, vomiting, fatigue (sometimes not even being able to get out of bed) shortness of breath on occasions, having to take really deep breaths to catch my breath, struggling to exercise for long periods having to stop a lot! Getting sick - cold, coughs quite often and just generally feeling unwell! Been on and off for a while now maybe 18-24months! Gradually worsening
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For around 2 years, I went to the doctors for investigations but they did not know! I had not mentioned about my pulmonary valve stenosis or intact atrial septum as I Was unsure about it and didn’t know too much about the conditions. I have no other medical problems I am aware of. I have just not been well and fully feeling well for over 2 years now
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

Given your symptoms if you can't get into see a GP soon then it would not be unreasonable for you to go to A&E, especially since things have been getting worse.

Given your history and your symptoms you really need to figure out what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I just ask, do you know as an adult would the symptoms I have possibly require the heart surgery? A girl I know from many years ago at the hospital has just had open heart surgery due to having that!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

From what you have posted I would not say that you are heading toward open heart surgery. Even if your symptoms are from your pulmonary valve stenosis there are a lot of other options before rushing to crack your chest.

So. What should you do?

Get in for a good physical exam and figure out exactly what is going on.

Make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS