Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I have experienced sharp pain in my chest for two days. This

I have experienced sharp pain in my chest for two days. This was alleviated by paracetamol to allow sleep last night. It was better today until this evening when it became quite bad again. I have now taken paracetamol again and it is quite comfortable. Is there any way in which the chest pain can be stopped?

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

This is most likely a musculoskeletal pain.It might take a few more days to stop completely.

Can you please tell me where exactly is this pain?is it on the right side or left side?

Does this pain start with exertion?and does taking deep breaths increase this pain?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The pain is entirely on the left, high up in the chest. It got worse after I had gone for a walk in the hills this afternoon. It is much worse after taking a deep breath.

This seems to be a musculoskeletal pain,it might take 3 to 4 more days to stop completely.

Have you ever had any heart problem?and how severe is this pain on a scale of 1 to 10 ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have never had any heart problems. At its worst it is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. This depends on ones pain threshold, but it is quite bad.

Okay so this does seem to be a musculoskeletal pain.

I would suggest you to keep on taking paracetamol but if it gets worse or if you notice any breathing difficulties then I would suggest you to see your doctor for a chest examination and if required an ECG.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.
You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When the pain is severe it is very hard to breathe properly. I will try to see the doctor tomorrow if I can get an appointment.

Yes it would be best to see your doctor just to make sure everything is okay.

Pain related to heart does not respond to paracetamol but still this pain needs an examination and an ECG.

Please don't forget to rate this positively as this is the only way we experts are credited for our help and you are not charged anything for rating positively,You simply need to click on the stars.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I have now arranged an appointment with a doctor at Hereford Hospital this afternoon.