Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I have had a rash appear on my forearm it feels hot and

Hi I have had a rash appear on my forearm it feels hot and itchy it has no appeared on my other forearm

Welcome and thank you for your question.

This is likely to be due to an allergic reaction - probably a reaction to something your skin came in contact with. Also known as acute urticaria or hives, this type of rash usually clears up spontaneously in about 24-48 hours. You can also apply 1%Cortisone , available without a prescription to decrease the itching. Applying a cool pack to the rash can also decrease the itching and inflammation.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the

screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply

box and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi well it's got worse in 24 hours and spread to my other arm

Please take Zyrtec (cetrizine) available without a prescription - if this is due to an allergy, it will clear. Also apply teh Cortisone ointment.

If the rash increases or spreads after 24 hours of teh Zyrtec, please consult a doctor.

I hope this helps.

box and let me know.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.