wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had stomach cramps and diarrhoea since Thursday

I have had stomach cramps and diarrhoea since Thursday afternoon. Symptoms seemed to ease yesterday so ate a sandwich but a couple of hours later cramps and diarrhoea started again. Symptoms have eased again this morning but stomach just “churning “ feeling light headed I assume due to lack of food. I am drinking small amounts of water
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. How long does this take please ?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Sounds like you have caught that nasty flu that is going around.....my entire family has recently gone through it.

Unfortunately, it took me almost three weeks to get completely over it.
The good news is that the vomiting and diarrhea seem to last about 2 or three days.....if that can be said to constitute good news :(

So. What should you do?

Continue to drink water, sprite or sports (electrolyte containing) drinks and rest as much as possible.

This bug just needs time to get out of your system.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will do as you say and hope it goes.