wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have Scheuermann's disease and I believe this has caused

Customer Question

Hi,I have Scheuermann's disease and I believe this has caused fat to accumulate around the top of my chest and my upper back.I have recently lost 92lbs in weight. I am still around 21lbs overweight according to the NHS BMI calculator however, I have also been gaining muscle. I appear to have lost all of my weight from my stomach, legs, face & neck but have lost very little from my chest & upper back.I have a personal trainer whom has been working hard with me to build muscle on my chest and upper back in an attempt to reduce the fat but again, it has made very little difference.I was wondering whether anything could be done about this and whether it is caused by my Scheuermann's disease?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Can you upload a picture of this fat?

How many calories do you feel you eat per day?

How many calories do you burn?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im 28, Male, I eat 1000 calories per day and burn up to 400 calories per day. I have no other medical conditions other than the Scheuermann's disease. Attached photos
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information and pictures.

I do not believe that your Scheuermann's disease is causing your upper body fat issues.... this is just the area that your body seems to like to store excess fat.

The good news?

As you continue to work with your trainer and continue to loose weight there will come a time when the fat at the top of your chest, upper back and middle will fade away. It might not be until weight is lost from other areas but, trust me, it too will come off.

So. Don't give up. Keep on training, and try to burn more calories then you take in each day.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS