wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My son had a pimple like rash between his lower lip and his

Hi,My son had a pimple like rash between his lower lip and his chin this afternoon. It was red and had a pimple like center. After a few hours it became redder and it now has yellowish discharge. My son says it is very itchy. Nowadays he keeps having these pimple like rashes on his face that come and go. We were told it is hives. What do you think this one is? Do you think it is infected? I used Bactroban ointment (it was prescribed for him before) just in case. Thank you.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old is you son?

Does he have these lesions anywhere else?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He is 6 and he doesn’t have it anywhere else.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It now started to get smaller.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This picture is from this morning.

Thank you for that additional information and the photo.

That might be shingles, herpes, a staph skin infection....a lot of things look like that.

It doesn't look like hives.
So. As a father of five children, what would I recommend you do?

Have his pediatrician take a look at it...or if that has already been tried then consult with a dermatologist.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 months ago.