Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My son had a pimple like rash between his lower lip and his

Hi,My son had a pimple like rash between his lower lip and his chin this afternoon. It was red and had a pimple like center. After a few hours it became redder and it now has yellowish discharge. My son says it is very itchy. Nowadays he keeps having these pimple like rashes on his face that come and go. We were told it is hives. What do you think this one is? Do you think it is infected? I used Bactroban ointment (it was prescribed for him before) just in case. Thank you.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Pimples with yellow discharge is impetigo. This is a staph infection of the skin that is very contagious. Bactrian 3 times a day for a week should be effective. If not, he may need an oral antibiotic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Dr. K.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should he see our doctor about it or can we wait a few days to see if it is improving?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This picture is from this morning. I think it is getting smaller.
You can try some otc neosporin on that
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much Dr!
Sure. Please consider a positive rating