Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I am struggling to swallow every time I do I get a shooting

I am struggling to swallow every time I do I get a shooting pain in my neck and ear I have a permanent ache in my left side of my neck and my left ear drum I have had this since Wednesday teatime will it go away soon?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a few minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

This is probably due to a blocked Eustachian tube.

The Eustachian tube connects the ear with the throat. An inflammation in the throat can block the end of the tube opening in the throat leading to a change in the ear air pressure. This can cause ear pain.

The pain in the throat is likely to be due to pharyngitis - inflammation in the throat. The ear pain is secondary to the pharyngitis

Please take Tylenol to help reduce the inflammation. Gargling with warm water will open up the tube and reduce the pain to some extent. But you do need to see a doctor - you need your throat examined an possibly need a prescription for antibiotics.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also my glands are swollen on the same side and my tonsils fell swollen

Then you do have an infection in he throat. Please see your doctor - you will need antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicine.

I hope this helped.