DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 37 years old female living in south London. Last

Hi there,
I am 37 years old female living in south London.
Last Saturday night I got involved sexually with my long distance boyfriend for the valentines.
Due to him not wanting a relationship we only see each other once every 3/4 months and the rest we keep in touch by text.
I have done a full STD test back in January 2018 and I am all clear. I have asked him few times to do a test and he has said he hasn't done a STD test but he has always used condoms in the past!
Last Saturday night we only got invloved in deep kissing, body rubbing, mutual masturbation, and nipple sucking. So I was happy that we have had no risk of any disease transmission including HIV.
In the following morning I noticed the color of skin at the bottom of my nipple has changed. It was like a brown skin on the bottom of my nipple. Like the skin was wounded and had a brown colour skin on top of it. I don't know if it was a cut on the bottom of my nipple due to him sucking/bitting my breasts/nipples. During the time he was sucking my nipples I felt some discomfort.
I have been thinking about this for 8 days now and been reading lots of articles on google, but still worried I am thinking what if he has had bleeding gums or sores in his mouth and what if my skin at the bottom of my nipples got broken during him bitting and sucking my nipples and what if this person is actually HIV positive then what are the chances of transmission to me this way? Do I need to get tested after 28 days? I have been practicing abstinence for the past couple of years because media has made everybody so paranoid about STD etc.
During him sucking my breats I felt some pain and discomfort but I am not sure if my nipple was cut or had any fresh wound on it? So lots of factors I don't know. But there is a possibility that my nipples got wounded and if he had bleeding gums and if he had the disease then the transmission would have happened?
Sorry I have been typing fast if any grammar mistake please forgive me.
Please advise? Should I be worried? What are the risks?do I need to get tested for HIV? Many thanks

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I can understand your concern

In the given circumstances the chances of catching an HIV infection is very unlikely

Secondly the symptoms of acute retro viral syndrome usually include fever,sore throat,enlarged lymph node,myalgia and arthralgia and a rash.

So you should not be worry about the HIV

Just to ease your mind you can have a test at 2 and 6 weeks

I can hardly see any risk of an HIV infection in your case

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks as you said the best thing would be to test after 28 days and also watch for any symptoms

Usual recommended schedule for suspected HIV is at 2,6 and 12 weeks so that has to be followed

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A lot of articles online say nipple bitting is considered a zero risk activity is that correct?

Yes absolutely

As i said you are not at risk but to ease your mind you can have a test to be absolutely sure