Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

We have just returned from Thailand with our child - 19

Hi, we have just returned from Thailand with our child - 19 months old. Whilst out there she developed about 8 spots on her face and 3 on her foot and 2-3 on her hand. We went to a private nurse. She thought it was mosquito bites. Another retired nurse thought it was an allergy to mango. They seemed to subside and we got home a week ago. Then yesterday the got all red and raised again. We went to the dr today and 2 drs examined the spots. Neither knew what they were. They prescribed and antibiotic. They rules out chicken pox because our child is not unwell. We are not sure what it is or what to do - but the fact we were in Thailand is concerning us Incase it is a tropical disease/disorder. Any ideas??

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of those for me on this page?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

Got them--hold on please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Those pics are from 11 days ago. My wife is sending me a more up to date pic now

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Here they are
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
A couple more
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Last one

Doesn't look like any infection of any sort so I wouldn't have given her any antibiotics

And nothing too serious here

Looks like a kind of inflammatory eczema/allergic dermatitis and there may not be any particular trigger for that

I would treat her with a course of oral prednisone along with topical triamcinolone cream

That should clear it up in about a week's time

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you