wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City

I had my mirena coil taken out 9 weeks ago (been in for 5

Hi, I had my mirena coil taken out 9 weeks ago (been in for 5 years) . I still haven’t had a period and done a few test which thankfully have been negative! My husband have been using condoms so I am 100% sure I’m not pregnant.
Is this normal.?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Yes. This can happen.

If you do not start your cycle within the next 6 weeks then you should make an appointment with your OB/GYN for a complete exam and some blood work.

Until you can continue to use spermicidal vaginal foam with condoms to decease your chance of becoming pregnant.
Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok thank you.