Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I've had bad pelvic/bladder pain for about 6 years which I'm

Hi,I've had bad pelvic/bladder pain for about 6 years which I'm pretty sure is stress related because of divorce. I have had several investigations which haven't shown anything obvious. My problem is that it continues to get worse and is pretty much unbearable on a constant basis. Particularly bad first thing in the morning when its so painful to stand upright. It feels like my bladder area and just above is constantly on fire and the nerve endings are raw. It is also the case with my throat as I am always retching in the morning, again i think due to anxiety over divorce. If I could get a handle on my pelvic pain I think I could control my anxiety much better. Any ideas please?

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know that. Have you got any urinary or bowel complaints too?

Any tests done for this ever ? Like urine test or ultrasound on your bladder?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've had urine flow test and cystoscopy. Interstitial cystitis was mentioned but also seemed to be dismissed and no further investigations or treatment planned. Also polyps mentioned but didnt seem to require any action

Alright thanks for the additional information. Well if it is causing you pain in pelvic or bladder region then we should treat the pain with appropriate pain relief like tylenol / codeine combination. Pregabalin or gabapentin may be added if it doesnt improve your symptoms.

Tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline can help you with interstitial cystitis and anxiety both.

So with apparent underlying cause, it shouldnt be ignored rather be treated appropriately before attributing it to your psychological state.

hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.