Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

I thought I had the flu but I don’t have any cold-like

I thought I had the flu but I don’t have any cold-like symptoms (I had a sore throat but not for long) and found out today I have a wound which has become infected with MRSA, my temperature will not come down even with paracetamol it is currently 38.3 degrees, I have a painful neck and feel dizzy. Could this be the MRSA or something else?

Hello Lauryn! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If your tests have confirmed MRSA then there should be no doubt on it .

It is possible that the sore throat and fever is not linked with it and it can be a viral flu

You need to take antibiotic to get rid of MRSA as it will not go away on its own

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING