Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.

I started taking the contraceptive pill Yasmin on the first

Hello. I started taking the contraceptive pill Yasmin on the first day of my period, 8th Jan. I took it for 12 days, continued spotting after my period. I felt awful on the pill
So stopped taking it after 12 days.I am now late on my period with a negative pregnancy test. I was sexually active on my 5th 'late' day; this was protected sex with condom. Where is my period?

How regular were your periods prior to starting the Yasmin?

What do you mean by your 5th late day? Thank you.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Very regular.I was expecting my period, and when I was 5 days late I had sexual intercourse but this was protected.

Thank you. As to where is your period, it's very common that when a woman stops the pill (regardless if she's only taken it for 12 days), her next period will usually be late. It just takes the body a little while to get back to regularity after being on the pill.

So your period will come again, sooner or later. It's hard to know just when. As long as you continue to use protection in the meantime, you should be fine. Most likely you'll get you period sometime within a couple weeks or so. Best regards.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi DrThank you, ***** ***** appreciate your advice!Have a great day

Thank you for your payment and rating.

​Have a great day yourself!