How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Saleem Your Own Question
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3541
Experience:  MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Saleem is online now

I want to talk about a rash on my chest that I have had for

This answer was rated:

Hi There,
I want to talk about a rash on my chest that I have had for a number of months. looks like nipple rash but is now spread to the centre of my chest too.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Can you please share a photo or two Susan ?

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry im just trying to send the photo to my email

You can click on the clip pin just above your writing field and attach the photos

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its just slow on sending from my phone to the laptop - one minute
thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nearly there - its a server issue

Alright ..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here it is

Do you have any history of allergies ? Like food , drug or pollen allergy? Anything that you apply on your chest on a regular basis? Does it itch or burn at all ? Does the rash involve your breasts too ? Have you tried anything for this ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A little pollen allergy but not much. Ive been sneezing a lot lately but I have this for about 7 months - start off on the nipples and now spread further - start off on left nipple then right now all over chest area.
It itches a lot but sometimes more than others and then sometimes no itch
No burn.
Havent tried anythign for it.
Havent done any allergy tests but I do have a slight reaction to dairy.
I use tan on my skin but I have purposely not used that recently and yet I have an inflammation now

I would like you to avoid using any cosmetic products on your chest including lotions , creams and perfumes.

Take antihistamine like benadryl atleast once daily.

Apply topical hydrocortisone on it 2-3 times a day. It will improve in a couple of weeks.

If it continues to persist then you should seek professional help from your doctor for getting prescription drugs for this.

It looks like urticaria / allergic dermatitis or eczema.

hope you found it helpful.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.


Dr.Saleem and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you