DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My son is 9 years old and has tetralogy of fallot. After a

My son is 9 years old and has tetralogy of fallot. After a recent check up his cardiogist has said he needs the valve replaced and are just waiting for the call to say when.This last week I have really noticed a difference in his physical ability. Tonight at football training, 5 minutes into training he walked over to me crying saying he doesn't feel well and just wants to go home. There is no obvious signs that he is un well and I have checked his temperature which is all normal.I don't think I'd be that worry if he didn't love football as much as he does, so this is completely out of the ordinary for him. The warm up at football training was a jog around the pitch and as he started you could see he was struggling.Is this something I could be letting his consultant know ASAP or do I just observe and go with the flow?Many thanks in advanceCheryl

Hello Cheryl! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Has he got any shortness of breath or fatigue ?

When last time he had his echo done ?

Is he taking any medicine ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No shortness of breath and just wants to lie down.His last echo was in December and currently on no medication
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry can't accept the call as I can afford it. I can screen shot the letter his consultant has sent me if this helps

Thanks for the information

If he does not have shortness of breath or any other symptom you can just observe him

If there is any such symptom then you need to inform his doctor

A hypoxia during exercise can also worsen the symptom or even can lead to cyanotic spell

You just observe and if he does not feel any better do inform his doctor

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you for this, it's put my mind at rest.All the best

You are welcome