DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I found out last week that I have elevated liver enzyme

Hi there.
I found out last week that I have elevated liver enzyme levels, and high iron also. Both 2 or 3 times what they should be.I had a further blood test yesterday and get the results on Monday.I have stopped eating red meat and all things to avoid ( according to the net! ) and have also bought the following supplements:
Maximised Glutathione
Vitamin E
Selenium
Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Curcumin.Is there any harm in taking these ahead of my results on Monday?Thank You.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

No there is absolutely no harm in taking it before you get your further investigations

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am obviously concerned that damage has occurred to my liver as I have felt unwell for a year or so, and have been told I may have Hemochromatosis.I am not jauindiced and have not lost weight, and just feel achy and under the weather with joint pain etc. ( all the symptoms of Hemochromatosis )If severe damage had occurred ie. cirrhosis or cancer, would I be exhibiting more symptoms and have higher enzyme and iron levels?I guess I'm just looking for reassurance at this stage?Thanks for your quick response.Adam

Cirrhosis usually have symptoms of anemia,abdominal distension and there is shrinkage of liver on ultrasound

The enzymes only does not tell us the exact degree of damage and that require further investigations