DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I received negative sti results from my urine and blood

I received negative sti results from my urine and blood sample. NOTE the urine sample inclu a test for chlamydia. My anal swab sample however tested positive for chlamydia.What I am wondering is since the chlamydia is localized to the anus region, can I spread it during normal sexual intercourse with a female through kissing and penetration of the penis in the vagina?in summary, since my urine test came back negative for chlamydia and my anal swab came back positive for chlamydia , is the chlamydia localized in that region only and can only be transmitted through anal intercourse?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Although the chances are less of transmission if you don,t have an anal intercourse but recommendations are to use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to avoid any risk even if it is minimal

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Some time the organism can travel from anal area towards penis or on female from anus to vagina so a risk of transmission so always practice safe sex

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks,
Does the fact that multiple urine tests over the years showing no stis, be a sign that it is minimal risk?Is a urine test therefore not sufficient for testing chlamydia. Are swabs better?

Simple urine test is not a good indicator of chlamydia infection

Urethral swab or NAAT of mid stream urine sample is preferred test

As I said the chances are low but not zero so need to practice safe sex by use of latex condom

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.Lastly what is the correct treatment for anal chlamydia?

Doxycycline or Azithromycin can be used in anorectal chlamydia infection