Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

On Thursday evening I went out with my brother and on my way

On Thursday evening I went out with my brother and on my way home I started to feel dizzy all of the sudden, cold sweat and numbness in my right hand. It was only for 5 minutes, and then it got better. Since then, I have had really bad headaches when laying down and keep feeling dizzy for most of the day. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I have had some iron deficiency but had been taking tabs and after taking them i started taking vitamins.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The numbness in the right hand for 5 minutes along with dizziness at your age does not raise any suspicions of having a stroke or a transient ischemic attack. These symptoms could result from dehydration, vitamin deficiency and iron deficiency. Anemia can also cause dizziness along with sudden numbness or paraesthesia in hands or feet.

Since, the symptoms have been ongoing I would suggest that you get in to see your GP and get some tests done. Sugar levels, blood pressure, electrolyte panel and a full blood count. These tests should help us in reaching a conclusion and pin pointing the cause of the symptoms.

Till you can see your doctor I suggest that you keep well hydrated and get some bed rest.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
As I have mentioned before, I have been taking vitamins, I have also been drinking plenty of water. I have had a really crazy lifestyle before but most recently I have been trying to have a more healthy one. I have had anemia before, the symptoms I have had this week are no similar to the ones I have when the iron level in my blood is really low. I have booked an appointment with my GP but it will be on 8th of March. I am just a bit worried it might be something different than anemia. Thank u very much though for your response.

The more sinister conditions that you might be worried about present a little more frankly. However, a work up is mandated. You should continue to keep an eye on your symptoms, if you think they are progressing, a visit to the Urgent Care or the ER will be warranted rather than waiting for the appointment on the 8th of March.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.