Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 34 year old daughter has just rung me and told me she has

My 34 year old daughter has just rung me and told me she has discovered a large lump in the right side of her neck .
I think it is a lympoma and have advised her to get to her GP for referral
She has not lost weight recently but has had night sweats.
The lump is about the size of satsuma and is not painful or red

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Lymphomas are often accompanied by constitutional symptoms such as weight loss, fatigue, night sweats and an evening rise in temperature (low grade fever).

The lump is often the size of a golf ball, limited mobility and not hot or tender to touch.

I agree with you - you did the right thing by telling her to go see her GP. There is no substitute to physical/ clinical examination when it comes to lumps and bumps and often a times 95 percent conclusive diagnosis is achieved just by the physical examination. This will be followed by an ultrasound of the neck and a fine needle aspiration cytology for a cellular analysis and a more definite diagnosis.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!