Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

When the groin of a person is cut along the crease of the

When the groin of a person is cut along the crease of the thigh will there be the femoral vein and or artery there along that crease line as long as the cut is deep enough

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

The femoral vein and the femoral artery run side by side just below that groin crease

So if a surgeon needed access to those he could so so with a scalpel

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if the groin was cut along the crease line would the femoral vein and artery be exposed or would the surgeon need to cut further down in order to reach them

They are both about an inch below the skin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Did you need any more information?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to know whether the femoral vein and artery can be exposed just through cutting deep enough down the groin crease line

Yes--they can both be exposed like that

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. How deep in a medium woman of 13 stone would they likely to be please. I am awaiting surgery

It still would be about an inch deep

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What structures would be damaged in order to cut down to the femoral vein and artery at the crease.

No major structures would be damaged--perhaps a superficial nerve but nothing more

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cut through the crease in my groin is about an inch and a half deep and I see no evidence of the vein or artery.

Can you please explain to me what's going on?