Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My Dr put me on Sertraline 10 days ago. I went through

My Dr put me on Sertraline 10 days ago. I went through nausea in the first week and now have diarrhoea. My tummy has been bad all day.
Is it OK to stop or drop from 50mg to 25mg.
The issue that was stressing me out has gone away in the last week and I am wondering if this is really necessary any more.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can taper down the drug over a week time by cutting down the dose and frequency to avoid withdrawal, the side effects would get better as the dose decreases. You can take peppermint and ginger tea to help with your symptoms.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.