Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

I've used Agnus Castus for almost 3 months and stopped

I've used Agnus Castus for almost 3 months and stopped because I was having longer and lighter period. Since stopped (2 months ago) I haven't had a period and have been feeling nauseous and bloated. Why and how can I get better?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hello,Thank you!

Agnus castus contains the hormone progesterone and will affect the normal hormonal balance in your body. It can also affect and stop ovulation.

In your case, Agnus Castus had probably causes irregular ovulation but stopping it caused ovulation to stop completely.

In most cases, the hormonal balance becomes normal within 3 months of stopping Agnus castus . Since it has not, you may need medicines like Clomiphene citrate (clomid) to stimulate the ovaries to ovulate again.

Please consult a gynecologist - you may need blood tests for estrogen and FSH levels as well as an ultrasound to check out your ovaries.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.