DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have noticed pink streaking after urination - it looks

Hello thereI have noticed pink streaking after urination - it looks like the blood is coming from my urine.Is this likely to be bladder cancer - I haven't had any pain upon urination so I don't think it's a urinary tract infection.Could you help please Dr David?Thanks
Fiona

Hello Fiona! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The most common reason for a painless blood in urine is a stone in urinary tract

I would suggest that you do see the doctor for a urinalysis and if confirmed that there is blood then further investigations like ultrasound and x-ray KUB(kidney,ureter and bladder)

You might then require a cystoscopy if no cause found like stone on ultrasound or x-ray

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think this is likely to be kidney or bladder cancer?Wouldn't a stone be causing pain in the tract?There will be blood in the tract as I can see it so it can't come from anywhere else can it?I'm freaking out about bladder and kidney cancer - I had a full MRI on the bladder, kindey and tract last July and was clear.Thanks
Fiona

Usually renal or kidney tumor give rise to fever and anemia

Secondly there can be weight loss as well

A normal MRI about 9 months ago also goes more in favor that most likely it is not a cancer

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you wouldn't think it was likely to be kidney or bladder cancer?Thanks
Fiona

Yes i would think about other possibilities like a stone than cancer

Usually in case of tumor or cancer the blood is mostly mixed with urine specially if it is higher up in the kidney

If done please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does bladder cancer give rise to aeneamia and fever as well as the urinary tract and kidney cancers please?It's only a very small bit of blood - would there usually be a lot more if cancer was there?Thanks v much
Fiona
in case of cancer the situation would have been much worse
I am hopeful that it will not be a cancer but you do need evaluation
Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
in your opinion what's the likelihood of this being cancer? If I had a clear ultrasound and MRI about 9 months ago?
I would say highly unlikely