DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have my breakfast, normally porridge and sometimes I have

I have my breakfast, normally porridge and sometimes I have a slice of toast or a bagel with marmalade. Shortly afterwards I need the loo and it is just like water. I sometimes have to go at least twice. I go normally every morning before breakfast, with no problems. These symptoms only generally occur after having some thing extra at breakfast.
For the rest of the day I feel very tied, light headed and lethargic. I am 70 years old and a Type 2 diabetic, controlled by medicine and previous on Doctors visit had not reported problems as all under control.

Hello Dave! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am waiting

Thanks for asking

Your current symptoms could be due to a strong or exaggerated gastro-colic reflex in which immediately after eating a person has to go to pass stool

Second thing to consider specially if your diabetes is not well controlled is an autonomic neuropathy leading to such diarrhea

Thirdly an allergy to food substance could also be the cause

You need to have test to check diabetes status including HbA1c and also test for malabsorption

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards