Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

When I eat fried foods I sometimes get the urge to go to the

When I eat fried foods I sometimes get the urge to go to the toilet suddenly. This can be a problem when I am out and don't have immediate access to toilet facilities. I don't have any other bowel issues. When I go to the toilet after eating fried foods, the stools are smooth and in one mass. Once I have been to the toilet I don't need to go to the toilet again and no further problems occurr. Can you answer the following questions -Why does fried food have this effect.I don't eat fried foods very often. Could my body be not used to fried foods which explains the effect it has on me.Can this occur in someone who is healthy or could this indicate a medical disorder.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

fried foods are much greasier and the excessive grease can cause irritation to your bowels which can cause urge to have a bowel movement and softer stools

this is not a sign of a medical disorder

but you may need to avoid fried foods to help your bowels have better bowel movements and for there to be less irritation of your bowels.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are times when I can eat fried foods without any problems occurring. Do you have any idea why fried foods sometimes creates an urge to have a bowel movement and other times does not.

it depends on how the food is fried and the quality of the oil it is fried in.