DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been experiencing abdominal pain, foul-smelling,

I have been experiencing abdominal pain, foul-smelling, yellowish stools, pressure in my rectum not relieved by having a bowel movement and pain during sexual intercourse. I am 46, menopausal and have a hiatus hernia. Is this all connected?

Hello Beth! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Since how long you are experiencing these symptoms ?

Most of the symptoms you have mentioned are suggestive of an infection

Some time the infection can involve gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract at the same time

I would suggest that you should have a urinalysis,stool test and an ultrasound abdomen and pelvis

This will need an antibiotic to get rid of your symptoms

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I missed your earlier question, I have had these symptoms around 6 weeks.

Thanks for the information

As i said i would suggest to rule out an infection first of all and get the tests i have mentioned so that a diagnosis can be made

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's very helpful, thank you.

You are welcome

Please don,t forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING by clicking 5-stars on top of your screen